Upcoming Events & Appearances
8/10 - Keynote Speech at the State Higher Education Executive Officers (SHEEO) Annual Conference: Global Education for Gender Justice: A Vision for the 21st Century
9/8 - Mount Holyoke College: Orientation Weekend Keynote Speech on "Half the Sky/Half the Solutions"
9/16 - University of Texas, Austin: 40th Anniversary of the South Asia Program, Keynote Speech
9/27 - Audacia Conference on Girls Education, Emma Willard School, New York, NY
9/29 - California State University, Dominguez Hill, Presidential Speaker, Carson, CA
10/10-10/12 - Global Agenda Council on India of the World Economic Forum, Abu Dhabi, UAE
10/14 - Keynote Speaker, Heads of IB Schools Annual Conference, Singapore
10/18 - Philanthropy in the 21st Century, Speaker at Standard Chartered Bank
11/1 - Keynote Speaker, San Jose State University, Peter C. Lee Memorial Lecture
11/7-11/8 - Keynote Speaker, Elon University, North Carolina
11/14-16 - Waldemar Nielsen Fellow in Philanthropy, Georgetown University
If you've ever struggled with some of the following questions and wondered if you could talk about them to someone other than your mom or friends, consider coming to one of the bi-monthly Just for Girls Chai Sessions with Kavita.
• How can I make a difference in my community?
• What can I do to help suffering girls and women around the globe?
• Why are girls not treated equally at my school?
• Why is there still discrimination against girls in the US?
• How did you decide to do what you're doing? Do I have to take any
special classes to get to a similar place? What should I study if I want to
work on issues of women's rights in the future?
• I want to get an internship this summer in an organization like the Global
Fund. What do you recommend? How should I go about it?
• I believe women and girls should be treated equally but I don't like the
term feminist. What does feminism really mean?
Email Kavita at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in attending.